The POSCO-MALAYSIA story
The EGI plant project in Pulau Indah was jointly conceived by Malaysian engineers and EGI specialists from POSCO, one of the largest steel mills in the world, operating 750kt/yr EGI lines in Korea.
Attracted by the growing demand for EGI products globally and Malaysia's continuous industrial development, the partnership was formed to construct and manage the first fully integrated high-technology electrogalvanising plant in Malaysia, located in Phase 2 of the Industrial Zone at Pulau Indah, Port Klang.
- Granted a manufacturing License (as MEGS) by MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry)
- Plant construction (as MEGS) began October 2005
- POSCO acquired majority shares on 31 January 2008
- Granted Pioneer Status (as MEGS) by MIDA (Malaysian Industrial Development Authority)
- Commenced production (as MEGS) on 1 December 2006
- Become POSCO-MALAYSIA in April 2008